Premises Liability: Know your rights if you injured on another's property

When you are on another person's property, even a private residence, the owner of that property has a requirement to keep it safe for their guests or patrons. If you were injured while on another's property, you may have recourse to file a lawsuit for your injuries.

In the event of an injury resulting from unsafe premises, responsibility can easily shift from guest to property owner. Determining negligence in these situations takes an all-encompassing legal understanding. To get the recovery you're entitled to, it takes extensive knowledge and commitment to effectively represent your case. An attorney that can effectively communicate your options in these difficult situations can be invaluable. Please contact the Jensen Phelan Law Firm, P.C. today for help with your case. Our attorneys have the experience and dedication you need. Call us at 928-778-2660.

What Constitutes Premises Liability?

A property owner has a responsibility to keep their location safe for all patrons and guests. This means that any of the following should be remedied or properly marked so you can avoid injury:

  • Uneven stairs
  • Uneven walkways
  • Slippery walkways
  • Swimming pools
  • Trampolines
  • Slips, trips, and falls
  • Falling objects
  • Assaults occurring because of a lack of security or lighting
  • Dangerous parking lots

How Our Attorneys Can Help

Even though you may have willingly been at a store or a person's home, they still must maintain their property effectively-enough so that others are protected from injury. If this isn't the case, our attorneys can help you prove negligence and seek financial damages. When you're injured, the primary goal is getting yourself effective care and getting healed. Outrageous medical bills make this very difficult, so our attorneys will help you sue for medical expenses, negligence, insurance claims, and rehabilitation. We know how to navigate these difficult types of cases and don't shy away from a challenging case. Contact us today so we can help! You can reach us by filling out the form on this page or calling 928-778-2660. We proudly serve clients in Prescott and the surrounding areas.